Monday 28 October 2013

It's a Good Time For Calendars

I don't believe I have ever used decorative calendars for their original purpose.  Calendars are a great resource in decorating. Calendar pages are instant art, themed items and party decor. They can be found at Dollar Stores year round and  all manner of calendars can be found very inexpensively after the new year has begun.  

Years ago I came across an amazing calendar showcasing Ansel Adams photographs.  My husband is a photographer and has always admired the work of Ansel Adams so it was meant to be that I purchased this calendar.  I knew, that when we finally started to redecorate our main floor living space, I would use the pages from this calendar.  A few years ago we did just that and I pulled out the calendar I had purchased for $2.00.  My husband choose his favourite pictures and I set about finding complimentary frames (which I did for $2.00 each at the Dollar Store)  These four, very large pictures were hung in our hall and we had an instant gallery, all for $10.00.




You can find calendars in every shape, size and in every theme.  Choose one or two that showcase something you love such as flowers or Masterpieces of art or even abstract designs. Frame them and make a collage or gallery of these calendar pages and completely change the feel of your room.  You can also find themed calendars which are great for kids' rooms.  Imagine some very cool, framed photos of a favourite super hero in your little boy's room or some very soft images in a nursery.  The possibilities are endless and, because you haven't spent that much on this wonderful art, you can change it when you want.  You can even change it to match the seasons or holidays.  A very inexpensive way to keep your living space updated and make you smile....not only because of how your room looks but because you only spent a few dollars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment